AP Spanish! (Post 1)

       As I looked over the AP exam guidelines and what it consists of before my summer break began, I knew I would have my work cut out for me! But, I always love a challenge. I'm excited to see just how much I can learn and better myself in the world of Spanish language! As much as I love Spanish class, throughout my senior year, I will have my work cut out for me in many areas! I will be taking three APs and really stressing myself out because in a year I will be leaving for some college that as of right now is just a big question mark in my head. 馃槆 I will be pushing myself beyond my limits, to be the best athlete I can be as well as the best student, as I realize I only have one last shot at this high school thing!! I want to achieve all A honor roll, something I haven't been able to do at Tuscarora (darn high school math!) and I've promised myself to always be the best version of me that I can. I will continue working and making money when I can. I hope to spend a lot of time with my little sister who I am already dreading leaving next Fall. My biggest hope for next year is finding my future home, which already comes with lots of anxiety, thus why my second biggest hope is to be better at managing my anxiety and taking things day by day. In Spanish, my goal is to walk out in June feeling prepared for any Spanish conversation that may come my way and with absolutely no doubt that I gave my best effort in and outside of the class every day. I hope to finally be able to speak off the top of my head without doubting myself first, and really find my confidence in the language! 馃槉 

AP Exam!

      Wow, this is a long exam, 3 hours to be exact! Section 1 (multiple choice) is something I will have to definitely focus on! As I have progressed through Spanish, the multiple choice has gotten more and more difficult, and I can tell they want to confuse me! It's way too easy to look back in a passage or hear something that was an answer choice and to just go with it. I will need to expand my vocabulary and other strategies to always find the best answer, not the obvious and tricky one. In Section 2, I will have to answer to two writing prompts, as well as perform both interpersonal and presentational speaking. I know that I will have to become more comfortable in my speaking to be prepared for this. I will need to study up on and review cultural comparisons so that whatever question may come, I can embrace it with an open mind! I think I perform my best in writing, because my thoughts seem to almost flow easier and I feel I have more time to correct any mistakes/think through conjugations. I will have to remember persuasive techniques and to come up with strong points and EVIDENCE. I will need to review conjugations religiously and improve my vocabulary so I have many ways to say what I want to and so that I don't have to pause and question myself until I confuse myself! Sometimes what sounds right, isn't! As for listening, I find it useful to write down important things that I hear, but I hope to find more strategies that help me find the best answer. With more studying, comes more confidence, and I believe that although it won't be easy, it is possible! I cannot wait to see my growth. 馃槅

P.S. this was my first post under construction but I got too excited to share my vacation! 馃榿

Comments

Popular posts from this blog